Monday, March 25, 2013

Swim Sabotage?

Last week was frustrating. I had planned to get multiple days in the pool but it just did not turn out that way. First off work is pretty demanding right now, but it will be much better in the next week as 2Q has to be wrapped up this week. On Mon - worked through lunch, Tuesday worked through lunch. Wednesday swam (yay!). Thursday at lunch TRIED to swim and the pool was closed? WTH? Just my luck some lightbulb exploded and they had to drain, clean and re-fill the pool at the downtown Y.  I then tried Thurs. evening at my local Y by where I live and of course there was a class in the lap lanes from 7-8p and childcare closes at 8pm. Last week was frustrating to say the least. I even brought my bike to my parent's house over the weekend to get in a country ride and the cold front came early and Saturday brought rain. I just can't get a break.

Ughhh! Parts of me wants to give up or just quit - but I have already made the commitment and I'm not normally a quitter. I may be ill prepared, I may have under-trained and I may be a complete vegetable on the couch after I complete this triathlon, but I'm not quitting and I'm gonna do it anyway, even if I come in dead last. 

I'm swimming as much at lunch as I can this week and have also hatched a plan to start bringing my bike to work with me so I can ride back and forth from the Y or just do a ride around  the lake at lunch, too. I will work enough training in somehow. I can't believe next week is April!! YIKES!
Just gotta keep moving forward without letting my worry or stress get to me, I just gotta do it and keep on going. 

1 comment:

  1. I know its late for this, but when its raining and you can't get a ride in, you can always go for a run.. who cares if your dripping wet at the end of a run, you get to be outside and splash in puddles like a kid!

    ReplyDelete